Terms and Conditions for Smaller Projects
Copyright © 2022 Modding Legacy
All Rights Reserved with major exceptions.
Do not (re)distribute.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Revised by Jonathing on April 13, 2022. For additional clarifications or potential issues with these terms and conditions, please contact him on the Modding Legacy Discord server.
These terms and conditions apply to any project whose CurseForge page or LICENSE file on its repo states
© Modding Legacy All Rights Reserved with major exceptions. Do not (re)distribute.
Usages of definitions are emphasized.
- MOD: A piece of software that interfaces with the Minecraft client and/or server to add, change or remove certain original functionality.
- OWNER: The authors and/or copyright holders of this mod and all its sources (i.e. Modding Legacy).
- MODDING LEGACY: The team name of the owner.
- THE MOD or THIS MOD: The original mod that is being distributed by the owner - Modding Legacy - under the respective relevant name the license is being used for. This is the mod these terms apply to.
- MOJANG: Mojang A.B. - The original authors and/or copyright holders of Minecraft.
- USER: The end-user of this mod - A person that installs this mod.
- FORGE: Minecraft Forge - The authors of the Forge API, or the Forge API itself.
- VANILLA: The default version or behavior of Minecraft, either client or server, without any mod, nor Forge, installed.
- (THE) SOURCES: Anything that is part of the available source code of this mod, that is under the copyright of the owner.
- DISTRIBUTOR: A person or other legal entity that shares and/or spreads any file that belongs to this mod or its sources, either legally or illegally.
- DISTRIBUTION: The sharing and/or spreading of any files that belong to this mod, including its sources, either legally or illegally.
- MOD PACK: A collection of mods that are meant to interface with Minecraft and each other.
- CONTRIBUTION: Legal modification of or the suggestion of modifications to this mod and/or its sources.
- CONTRIBUTOR: A person or other legal entity that legally modifies or suggests modifications to this mod and/or its sources.
THIS MOD IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE OWNER BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES, OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS MOD OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THIS MOD.
Unless explicitly stated in a file itself, in a file named
NOTICE.md or on a comment in
package-info.java on behalf of the corresponding file, Modding Legacy has full rights over this mod and its sources (with notable exceptions stated throughout these terms and conditions), under the copyright-terms when purchasing Minecraft (http://www.minecraft.net/copyright.jsp), despite the use of Mojang’s code. The use of Forge’s code by the owner is completely legal.
Distribution and redistribution
Distribution of this mod or its sources is strictly forbidden for every person or other legal entity except when one or more of the following conditions apply to the distributor. Distribution is only legal
- when the kind of distribution is via a mod pack on CurseForge, Planet Minecraft, Minecraft Forum, or in a modpack outside CurseForge as long as the owner is informed and a legal distribution is used;
- when the distribution is a distribution of the sources is public and can be viewed by everyone, including Modding Legacy (i.e. through a public repository);
- when the distributor is a legal owner;
- when the distributor changes the contents of this mod to be transformative in nature and is not simply a direct port;
- when the distribution is done privately, via hardware such as external storage, via mail, or via other communication platforms such as WhatsApp or Discord with the exception of public servers;
- when the distribution is on Modding Legacy’s official Jenkins page, where development builds can be downloaded.
- or when the distribution is on the original CurseForge page of this mod.
Distribution is, regardless of the above conditions, always strictly forbidden
- when the distributor is not a person or a group of people;
- when the distrubutor does not change the fork of this mod to be transformative in nature;
- when the distributor reuploads the mod on another site without Modding Legacy’s permission;
- or WHEN MODDING LEGACY HAS/HAVE TAKEN AWAY THE DISTRIBUTOR’s PERMISSION OF DISTRIBUTING THIS MOD OR ITS SOURCES IN ANY OTHER KIND OR FORM!.
When one or more files that are covered by these terms and conditions are distributed illegally, including sources and binaries, modified or not, users may freely ignore any illegally changed terms and conditions that “cover” the corresponding files. In the case any owner asks a user to share an illegally distributed file because of a serious reason given due to the illegal distribution of the file, the user HAS PERMISSION TO, and MUST share that file, regardless of the terms and conditions of the illegal distributor.
You are given permission to distribute this mod in any modpack in CurseForge, Planet Minecraft, Minecraft Forum, or any other valid modpack source. We ask that you let us know you are using our mod in a modpack outside of one of those three aforementioned modpack distribution platforms.
As stated above, we reserve the right to disallow anyone from using our mods in their modpacks. In addition, you are forbidden of raising money from using our mods unless it is from CurseForge’s monetization system.
Forking and Port Clarifications
You are given permission to modify this mod, so long as it is transformative in nature and the source code is publicly available. In doing so, your project MUST be licensed under ARR (All Rights Reserved) or a license that prohibits the direct copying of the source code without any transformation or without availability in a public repo. You are NOT given permission, however, to simply make a direct port to other Minecraft versions (i.e. 1.7.10, 1.12.2, 1.14.4), modding toolchains (i.e. Fabric, Rift, unofficial Forge), and anything else that we have not done on our own. If we find that you have done this, we will give you a notice and a 30-day time limit to take down your project, or we will attempt to take it down ourselves. The only exception to this rule is if we give you written permission that can be shown in a
NOTICE.md file or some other form of public notice.
Derivative works and/or modification
This mod and its binaries and/or sources are published and may be freely downloaded, decompiled, and modified for private use only, either with a decompiler, a bytecode editor, or by cloning the public source code into a local repository. Public distributions of modified versions of this mod are covered by the above statement about distribution, under the header “Distribution and/or redistribution”. THE OWNER IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED BY MODIFYING, EXECUTING, USING, OR RUNNING MODIFIED VERSIONS OF THIS MOD AND/OR ITS SOURCES!
Contribution to this mod and/or its sources is allowed under the following conditions:
- The contributor must suggest modifications on Modding Legacy’s public Discord server, or by using Issues or Pull Requests on GitLab if the modification is major.
- The contributor must follow the contribution guidelines.
- The contributor may NOT contribute when an owner has forbidden the contributor to contribute.
- The contributor must agree to the guidelines given in the CONTRIBUTING.md file. In the case of a pull request, the contributor must ALSO state that they agree to the given guidelines.
- The contribution must be voluntary. By contributing, contributors automatically agree that an owner shares and distributes this contribution legally.
You are free to provide contributions in the form of pull requests on any of our mods AS LONG as they follow the contribution guidelines listed above. In addition, they must not make major changes to the mod at hand or introduce any negative effects or malware of any kind. We reserve the right to disallow you from making any contributions to the mod if we so chose.
Please keep in mind that if we accept contributions to the project, your code will be a part of our project and you will no longer have ownership over the code, but you will still be able to use it in your own projects since you’re the one who made the contribution.
Raising money from this mod or any of its counterparts is strictly forbidden, except when the money is raised via the official Patreon page of Modding Legacy or via CurseForge’s monetization system. In no event shall any other entity raise money from this mod or its counterparts. Not by funding, not by selling, not by ads, not by link shorteners (including but not limited to AdFly or BitLy), and not in any other way not mentioned in this list.
Other Notes of Importance
- Any sound effects created by Lachney and Bailey and any music that were written by Lachney and Jonathing are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-SA 4.0) license and do not fall under these terms and conditions unless stated otherwise in a project’s
NOTICE.mdfile or some other form of public notice.
END OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS.